for more information.
Volunteer Orientation and Training
Welcome to your new role with Southern Maine Agency on Aging.
Our volunteer orientation consists of five parts:
• A volunteer welcome packet
• Our orientation video
• Our online training
• A volunteer quiz
• Dementia Awareness Training
Volunteer Welcome Packet
You will receive your Volunteer Welcome Packet in the mail or in person after you have:
• Completed a volunteer enrollment form
• Interviewed with SMAA Volunteer Services
• Provided references
• Interviewed with your volunteer position supervisor
• Passed a criminal background check
Volunteer Orientation Video
Please view our online presentation that will help educate volunteers about SMAA programs and services. The recommended format for viewing is the PowerPoint presentation. If you are unable to access the PowerPoint Presentation, please use the PDF version.
• Volunteer Training (PowerPoint Version)
• Volunteer Training (PDF Version)
Please click on the link below to take this brief volunteer quiz and test your knowledge of SMAA programs and services.
• Volunteer Quiz
Dementia Awareness Training
As part of our goal of improving dementia awareness and increase capabilities for our volunteers, volunteers must complete the "Dementia Basics Training" as part of their volunteer role.
• Please click on this link to begin the "Dementia Basics" Training
When you have finished this training, please complete the post-training survey at the link below: