for more information.
The Southern Maine Agency on Aging's mission is to improve the quality of life for older adults, adults with disabilities, and the people who care for them.
• We envision a community in which older people are able to live to their
• We will provide older adults in southern Maine with useful information,
resources, and services to help them meet their changing needs.
• We will promote effective learning, social connections and healthy
lifestyles that maximize independence and security.
• We will provide extra help to those who are challenged by unusual health,
social and/or economic circumstances.
• We will offer older adults meaningful volunteer opportunities so they,
and their families, will experience productive and fulfilling lives while
benefiting their communities.
• We will promote partnerships throughout the community to enhance our
reach and effectiveness for the benefit of older adults.
Our Strategic Goals
• Advocate for, and respond to, the needs of vulnerable older adults, adults
with disabilities, and family caregivers, through measurably effective
programs and services.
• Serve as a Center of Excellence in Adult Day Services for people with
cognitive impairment, for family caregivers, and for professionals in
• Sponsor programs that encourage informed, healthy and active lifestyles
that result in aging with confidence.
• Develop and expand partnerships with health care systems, medical
providers, accountable care organizations, and third-party payors that
align Agency services with the needs of their constituents.
• Increase Agency revenue obtained from philanthropic, fee-for-serivces,
and contractual sources.